High School Ireland
The advantages of studying in an Irish secondary school are that:
- You improve your English, without doubt, the natural way.
- You will be prepared for a better future and you will have more opportunities.
- You will travel and meet a new country and culture.
- You mature.
- You meet many people and make new friends.
To study a school year in Ireland, please bear the following aspects in mind:
- Studying abroad is a decision to be taken by both the parents and child.
- You can deal directly with the organisation in the country where your child will study.
- The student should have the desire to come to Ireland.
- You need a professional and personalised organisation that dedicates it’s time to the programme.
- The student should be between 12 & 18 years of age.
- The student should be capable of living with Irish people.
- The student should participate actively in the activities and/or sports of the school and study hard to convalidate the course.
- The student will have total immersion in English.
- ELP Ireland’s help is fundamental for the student. We are here, 24/7.
For the students that study 1st Year, 2nd Year and 3rd Year here in Ireland, convalidation isn’t necessary but the school in the student’s home country will approve it.
Students that study 4th Year (Transition Year) here in Ireland must complete Transition Year and provide written confirmation from the school that they have successfully completed Transition Year.
Students that study 5th Year here in Ireland must study and pass at least 5 subjects. It is necessary to convalidate the complete school year results with the Spanish Ministry of Education.
Students that study 6th Year here in Ireland must study and pass at least 6 subjects in the Leaving Certificate Exam. It is necessary to convalidate the complete school year results with the Spanish Ministry of Education.